11/13/2010

빼빼로 Day

The weeks have definitely been passing by quicker than the first month I was here.  It's a good thing...right? The work seems to be pretty constant.  I try to lesson plan "ahead" but it seems to do more damage than good because it's always changing, something always comes up, and I have to change my lesson again.  SO....I wait until a day or two beforehand. =)

On November 11th, it was 빼빼로 Day! Meaning, it is a day where you give 빼빼로 to your loved ones, etc...(total commercial holiday). Nonetheless, I enjoyed eating 빼빼로 throughout the day from the gifts that the kids gave me.  My favorite one was this: It says that ENGLISH CLASS IS SO FUN, THANK YOU TEACHER. This was given to me by one of the 6th grade girls...and 6th graders are in that stage where they're almost in Junior High...they're too cool to do anything....mode...so, I was touched!

It's been a very busy time for teachers because we're having an all school talent/variety show this week.  Teachers are busy practicing/preparing with students, so a third grade teacher invited all the third grade teachers (plus English teachers who teach 3rd grade) to have a nice home cooked dinner....just like momma used to make. 


I went to visit Anyang for a friend's birthday party.  I had fun!! We MADE it fun...we were practically the only ones there. Yay! No lobster...this is after the affects wore off and lots and lots of water, plus a cookie (which I'm holding). I met a bunch of new friends who were cool.... but VERY young...I felt old... =(
 
I'm excited that my family will be here soon!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment