9/19/2010

Too many people...

I know it's been a while, but let's see what's happened since.  I went to a wedding.  SOOO different than in America.  Some differences are: most of the guests stood in the back, there's lots of talking during the wedding, no one is really paying attention...and most of the guests just came for the food.  It was probably what got me the most about the wedding....all the TALKING!!

Some pictures...I didn't take too much because it wasn't really the place for pictures...more like "let's go, let's go...eat and leave."

The wedding hall was located in a banquet hall in a big shopping mall...very beautiful.















The groom and wife.




















The bride's entrance...oops, missed the groom's.




















Birthdays...I guess not many people celebrate each other's birthdays here in Korea.  I asked my co-teacher and she said that she hasn't celebrated her birthday in 10 years.  I bought a cake for her to share amongst our 6th grade team....it was yummy!















I hung out with a friend yesterday for almost the whole day...A LOT of walking and A LOT of people...I wanted to take a picture of the madness...but was getting a little annoyed with all the people bumping into me, walking slowly infront of me...especially couples.  It's like 82 degrees out still and they're stuck like glue..you KNOW they've got to be hot. We were in Seoul.
The next pictures are from a huge area called Namdaemoon and Shinchon area in Seoul.  There's a lot of festivities going around because of the Chuseok holiday.  It's one of the biggest celebrated holidays in Korea, lasting 3 days. 




































The city hall is covered with pictures of people...don't know why.
















There's a lot of these types of presentations...reenactments




































King Sejong, the creator of the Korean alphabet

 
Inside King Sejong Museum

Ended the night having dinner with some friends...enjoying a nice walk away from the crowds.

Late night snack...


I'm really enjoying my time...trying to see as many things as possible..
One thing that I miss about USA...."excuse me" whenever you're trying to get around someone... =)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I don't understand the navigation!! But boy does that food look good...

    ReplyDelete